Sunday, July 10, 2011

HAPPY SIXTH BIRTHDAY!

Both our boys made it through the night! Ox is barking up a storm at the moment, crawling around like a little madman and trying to get out of their new "box".


The boys have a tendency to get off of their heating mat (which is CRUCIAL to their well-being; if they don't maintain a high temperature, they can't digest their food!) in the other crate (which Abby has already claimed for herself), so now they are "demoted" (I'm sure they think it's a demotion - I personally would love to live in a warm, padded picnic basket!) to a picnic basket. (:




All of these are from last night.. every minute, every hour, every extra day that these guys survive is a miracle and an accomplishment. I am so proud of them for pushing through. I can tell in the way that Ox fights to stand up (he's done it a couple of times!), to pull himself around, that he wants to live.


And Moose, my dear, you are an inspiration to us all. He's "faded" maybe three times now; if he did not have the will to live or the desire to survive, he would be dead by now. I can only provide so much - I give him everything he needs, but taking that next breath is all up to him -- no one can help him with that.

Keep trucking, Moose - you don't know how many people love you, sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment