Saturday, July 9, 2011

Update on "The Boys"

Ox weighed in at a sturdy 13 ounces this evening.






Moose weighed in at two ounces lighter, a sensible 11 ounces.






Moose had been really worrying me today - he was listless, not nursing, not swallowing, and moving very little. This evening he's barking, growling, and crawling over his brother. While he's still not swallowing as wonderfully as I'd like for him to, this is progress. He started to go downhill, he started to "fade", but with an immediate subcutaneous injection, a dab of Karo syrup on his gums, and the addition of a heat lamp to our already sweltering room, he is coming back. (:






You know what's cool? I can tell Ox is going to have a very short, fine coat, and Moose looks like he's going to have a flat-coat type look to him; a wavy, medium-length hair. (:






What handsome men they'll be.. in two hours and thirty minutes, they will have survived SIX DAYS! I'm gonna throw them a party for their one-week birthday; what a huge achievement for two little boys who have come so far..






Abby herself is not doing too great; she's eating and drinking, but she's having some serious diarrhea and seems a little lethargic. I gave her some subQ fluids earlier today, and I'll probably do that again this evening. No rest for the weary, I suppose.






Ta ta for now; the boys are napping. I suspect they'll wake up here soon and start whining for their new high-fat, high-calorie dinner (it's made out of all sorts of yummy stuff!). (:




No comments:

Post a Comment